Worried about completing your application? Not sure what to say at your interview? Relax. You will be surprised how much better you'll feel after a little preparation. Read our helpful tips on applying (below) and you'll soon be feeling a lot more confident.
Filling out your application form
Follow these tips and you'll submit an application to be proud of:
- Read each question thoroughly before you answer.
- Ensure your spelling is accurate, especially if applying online as you are unable to go back.
- Ensure your email address and contact details are correct as you may be contacted by either phone or email.
- Give prior thought to your availability as you will be asked what days and times you are available to work. It's normal to provide a range of availability but you will not be rostered for all the hours you say that you are available. For example you may only want to work one night per week, but you are happy to do this on any night, so you would enter that you are available every evening but that you would only like one night shift per week.
- If applying online, print a copy of your application form (there is a button to do this on the final screen) so that you have a record of what you said. If you are applying on paper, photocopy your completed form.
- If applying on paper use a black pen so that it is clearly legible.